CAREERS EDUCATION LINKS
Local businesses partners:
- CISCO (IT and Digital Technology)
Lower school students participate in CISCO led workshops to design their own futuristic apps. This is highly competitive and focuses on group work skills, as well as innovation and future technologies.
- DENTSU AEGIS (Creative)
Business and Enterprise students are invited to participate in competitions such as the 'Rise Up' Challenge, working through creative marketing modules and applying for work experience.
- PARAMOUNT (Creative)
ASDAN students have partnered with Paramount Pictures Distribution Company, based in Chiswick as part of their course to look at creative sector employment, health and safety, job descriptions and CV development.
Other companies we work with include:
- SKY - Sky run workshops through their Skills Academy which involve students visiting Osterley Sky Studios to research, develop and film using green screens their reports. The 2022 workshop for Year 7 was on 'Do Animal Rights Matter?'
- AMETEK - an engineering firm, working with students across the Trust and offering select work experience opportunities. This firm is particularly encouraging women in engineering to inspire more women to be part of this career field. There is also potential to partake in engineering summer school activities.
- MEDIC MENTOR - A number of students are supported through virtual work experience, webinars and application support for pursuing further studies in Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry and Medicine.
- SPRINGPOD, Pathway CTM and Upskill Me - lots of opportunities for career guidance, CV support and virtual work experience covered on these platforms.
as well as a large number of businesses who are invited to our annual Trust Careers Convention.
Our University links include:
- Somerville College (Oxford)
- Imperial College
- Goldsmiths College
- City University
- St Mary’s University
- University West London
- Kingston University
We have strong connections with our local universities and students take part in a number of workshops and masterclasses both on and off site.
Our university contacts are involved in a number of different ways in school. See examples below:
- Somerville College - Outreach work discussing applications, extra curricular, summer schools and funding - Year 10-12.
- St Mary's University - Talks for Year 12/13 Sociology Students but also for anyone wishing to undertake undergraduate studies at University.
- University of West London - involved in several curriculum areas including Health and Social Care and Hospitality and Catering.
- Kingston University - Provide our annual student finance talk to Year 12 students.
Our School links include:
The Green School Trust is a member of the HEP CEIAG Network group
London Diocesan Board for Schools (LDBS)
The St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance
Imperial College Inspire Teacher Training Programme
London West Alliance SCITT
UCL Institute of Education Teacher Training Programme
St Mary's University Teacher Training Programme
Hounslow Education Partnership (HEP)
World Class Schools
The Schools Students and Teachers Network (SSAT)
National Secondary Leadership Network
Careers Clusters Programme (TGSG only) with the GLA. Involving pilot projects such as a new partnership with Paramount Pictures and a trial of a LMI platform for Year 8 called Career Coach.
West London Careers Hub (TGSB only). Involves support from a local enterprise advisor for mock interviews and CV support, apprenticeship and local career fair news and work experience opportunities in the local area.